They say time flies when you’re having fun, and it’s true. I’m having so much fun with your teens – watching them grow and mature. I have great respect for you as you take on the hard work and responsibility of “bringing them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.” (Ephesians 6:4) Our Youth Ministry strives to help you with this. To that end, here are some details on upcoming programs and events that I believe will help them continue to find and follow Jesus Christ.
Wednesday April 4 & 11 – No Youth Group or Family Night (Easter Break)
· Come ready to serve! We will be serving both the local community and our church ministries.
· Bring work gloves and a bagged lunch.
· Upcoming 7th graders and their parents are invited to join us for games, a cookout, and an introduction and overview of our Youth Ministry. (Time and place TBA in a future mailing.)
· This will be an opportunity to meet our Youth Pastor, Youth Leaders, some of our current students, and to ask questions.
· We will honor our Seniors during the 11 am service on Sunday, June 10th.
Seniors are to submit the following by email to DanAdams@phbaptist.org by Sunday, May 6th:
Personal Information Update: (As you want it to appear in these programs)
School you’re graduating from
Post-graduation plans (as best you know – i.e. work, college/university, anticipated major, etc.)
Several (5-7) clear pictures of yourself (digital files are strongly preferred, but prints are acceptable, and will be returned)
Senior pictures and headshots are great
· A special Sunday School Celebration will be held during the 9:30 youth service on Sunday, June 17th.
· Parents and teens can serve in a variety of positions, including coaches, assistant coaches, and blue shirt workers
· For more information go to www.focussportscamp.com or contact Pastor Jeff to sign up to help at Jeff@phbaptist.org
· There’s still time to get deposits in before the Early-Bird deadline of 3/29.
· Word of life Island is located in Schroon Lake, NY, in the beautiful Adirondack Mountains, approximately 10 hours away.
· This camp offers some of the best available activities, camper care and supervision, and spiritual growth opportunities.
· This will be a week of excitement, fun, team competitions, sports tournaments, hilarious and impacting skits, swimming, tubing, engaging Bible study, and much more.
· Camp costs $329, including a $75 deposit due by 3/29 ($359 after 3/29)
Fundraising will help defray costs – including our annual Spaghetti Dinner on 4/29
Scholarships may be available (contact Pastor Dan Adams for more info)
Waiver and Camp Health Forms can be downloaded from www.oneeightyone.org
Final payment and forms must be turned in by 6/3
Sunday, July 16 – Friday, July 20 – Vacation Bible School
· VBS is a week of fun, not just for the kids, but for the workers as well
· Nearly everyone can find a place to serve – contact Pam Scott for more info at email@example.com
· Applications are still being accepted, but are due ASAP!
· If you’re interested in chaperoning, please contact me ASAP.
· Bakers for the Dessert Auction & Workers for the Dinner are needed – contact PD to volunteer.
· Cost for the trip is projected at $300, including a $25 deposit due with application.
4/22 Training #1
4/28 Spaghetti Dinner Setup 9 am – 12 pm
4/29 Spaghetti Dinner & Dessert Auction
5/27 Training #2
6/10 Training #3 (date change)
7/15 Training #4
7/22 Leave from PHBC for Cincinnati, mid-morning
7/27 Return to PHBC – approximately 11 pm
I realize that this letter is full of information and details – but I want to make sure you and your teens have every chance to take full advantage of these opportunities. More information will be coming your way through the Pulse and email as each event approaches. As always, updated information is posted at www.oneeightyone.org. Please let me know if we can help with any of these events, or assist you and your teen in growing closer to Christ.
I’m praying for you and your family!
Pastor of Student Ministries
(440) 886-6100 Ext. 108