Saturday, May 16, 2009

A God Moment

A few days ago my wife and I carved out an afternoon to hike around "The Ledges" at Cuyahoga National Park, which is about 20 minutes from our home. It was one of those perfect days - 75 degrees, sunny and no wind. As we walked we just couldn't believe the beauty, the formations, all the bright green colors. Every corner we turned, I had to stop and try and capture just glimpse of God's beauty with my camera. All of this made through God's creativity. It was amazing. The moment led us to talk about creation and the evidence we witnessed of a divine plan. God made this. God was here. God is here. It was one of those worship without music moments!



















There is a song we sing on Sunday mornings in worship by Lincoln Brewster that is simply called, "Majestic". I think this may have been one of those scenes Lincoln was referring to as he wrote the song.










"Majestic" By Lincoln Brewster
Oh Lord, Our Lord, how majestic is Your name in all the earth. The heavens declare Your greatness. The oceans cry out to You. The mountains, they bow down before You. So I'll join with the earth and I'll sing...The heavens declare Your greatness. The oceans cry out to You. The mountains, they bow down before You. So I'll join with the earth and I'll give my praise to You....I will worship You!